If you’re searching for the most effective and best code review tools on the web and have had enough for them, then you’re at the right spot. This article will help you’ll learn about the code review tool, and you will also get an extensive list of the best code review tools.
What is a code review tool?
The code review process is a quality control method where the creator of the code asks another developer to examine it prior to it becoming part of the base code. Tools for code review help development teams collaborate to code and guarantee consistency and quality.
They can offer an outline for reviews, while also integrating them into the larger workflow of development. They can also improve the communication between those involved, allowing for a detailed record of the process, and helping participants keep track of what must be accomplished.
Best Code Review Tools
Collaborator, developed by Smartbear is an enterprise-grade software for the analysis of code. It bridges the gap between the testing, development, and management teams, by offering extensive peer review options for user reports and design documents along with test plans and source code. It is listed as one of the top Code Review Tools.
- In one program, you are able to examine the source code, configuration documents feature reports, requirements testing plans, feature reports, and documentation.
- To satisfy the requirements of regulatory compliance to meet requirements of compliance, ensure that the electronic signatures and approvals on the reports are accurate.
2. Review Board
Review Board is often recommended for small groups due to the fact that it’s simple and easy to use. It offers thorough reviews of graphics, documents websites, designs for websites mockups of interfaces, release status and specification of features as well as code reviews. It is one of the top Code Review Tools.
- The issues that must be addressed must be considered, discussed, and then followed up.
- All you need to learn about research requirements at one location. Making use of a legal marking tool is essential.
CodeScene recognizes and prioritizes technical debts based on the way your organization interacts using the code.
CodeScene is integrated into your delivery workflow as an additional team member, who anticipates delivery risks and offers the ability to make quality gate decisions based on context. Connect it to GitHub, BitBucket, GitLab, or with CodeScene’s own Jenkins plugin.
- Automated code review comments on pull requests.
- High-quality gate for the CI/CD.
- A process that is goal-oriented to plan improvements.
- Monitor technical code health and delinquency.
- Compatible with all Git hosting.
- Integration with Jira to monitor the performance of delivery in general.
- CodeScene is available on-premise as well as in an online version.
Gerrit is an open-source software to review code on the web using the Git feature, SSH as well as HTTP servers. Based on an existing Git VCS, Gerrit’s patch reviewed process is oriented to the usual workflow of open-source projects.
- For more details, you can change the group’s code.
- Include Git as an integral component of your overall review process for code.
Phabricator was deprecated on June 1, 2021. As of June 1, 2021, new instances are not able to be made. Although Phabricator was one of the software for code review that was used in 2021 with 33 percent of Developer Ecosystem Survey respondents identifying Phabricator as the program they utilized, it is not to be used for new customers.
- Offers solutions to developers in different phases in the process of development.
- It offers tools to manage projects within sprints. It also includes git, svn, and Mercurial repositories.
- Produced using continuous input, they track bugs and include internal chat channels for discussion.
Embold is an application for software analytics that analyses source code in four dimensions: code problems design and design metrics, duplication, and code issues.
It uncovers issues that can affect security, stability, and maintainability. Integration into GitHub, Bitbucket, Azure, and Git and supports over 10 languages. There are no cost plugins available are available for IntelliJ IDEA and Eclipse are available.
- Patented anti-patterns reveal functional, class, and method level structural flaws within the code that adversely impact maintenance.
- The Embold Score feature helps pinpoint high-risk areas and helps prioritize the most urgent solutions.
- At a glance images like smart heatmaps show the quality and size of each part of your application.
- Cloud and free OS versions are available.
Crucible is a code review tool developed by Atlassian. It’s a commercial collection of software that lets users look over codes, discuss changes in plans, and spot bugs across several version control systems. Like Review Board, Crucible supports many version control systems, including SVN, Git, Mercurial, CVS, and Perforce.
- You can assign reviewers in your team to code reviews according to workflows or software.
- Transform any code review into a discussion topic by commenting on just one line of source or file. You can also comment on a general variable.
8. Visual Expert
Visual Expert is an enterprise solution for reviewing code that is specialized in database-related code. It is compatible with three platforms: PowerBuilder, SQL Server as well as Oracle PL/SQL. Visual Expert analyzes each change in your code to anticipate any performance issues resulting from the modifications.
- Variables, objects, functions tables, columns, and objects are some examples of things visual experts can provide examples of that don’t appear within your program.
- Total The total number of Source Lines of Code (SLOC) together with the total number of functions, objects, and variables, are determined by the Visual Expert.