Purchasing the best Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is a highly sought after credential in the accounting industry, CPA review course for your learning style will absolutely help you pass the Certified Public Accountant exam and become a CPA.
The only problem is how do you find out which one is right for you? but only about 50% of the 1.3 million U.S. accountants have one. Why? Because the biggest hurdle in obtaining a CPA license is taking the CPA Exam.
In fact, according to the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA), the cumulative pass rate in 2020. For each of the four sections of the CPA exam ranged from 45% to about 60%.
What’s So Hard About It?
There are several CPA review study materials on the market that all claim to be the industry’s most elite and top-rated CPA review course. Consequently, it’s important to look at each one before you make a decision.
Picking the wrong CPA review materials could cost you dozens of study hours and thousands of dollars in fees. Each section of the CPA exam focuses on a specific area of accounting and requires candidates to display a deep understanding of that subject area.
The sections are Auditing and Attestation (AUD), Business Environment and Concepts (BEC), Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR), and Regulation (REG). Candidates are given only an 18-month window to pass all four sections.
Which CPA Exam Review Course Is The Best?
Well, there isn’t really one course that can say it’s the best. All of the ones on the market are designed with different kinds of learning technology and study plans; consequently, these varied courses can help students with a wide range of learning styles.
With such a time crunch and an overwhelming amount of content to digest. It’s worth signing up for a CPA Exam prep course. These prep courses make studying less daunting by helping candidates map out an exam schedule with target dates and break the material down into bite-sized pieces. They also offer a variety of modalities to accommodate various learning styles (online tutoring, chat, in-person lectures, etc.).
The Best CPA Study Materials
The best CPA study materials are essential to your success and could be the difference between passing and failing your exams. Furthermore, there’s no one-size-fits-all course. So it’s important that you choose the one that best fits your own learning style and preferences.
Since there are so many considerations to take into account when searching for a CPA course. (cost, delivery of content, the number of multiple-choice questions provided, available graded practice exams, etc.). We evaluated each one for you. Read on to see our picks for the best CPA prep courses to help you pass on your first try.
The chart below shows what each of the top 3 courses provides (or doesn’t provide) and explains. What I found most important in making this critical decision.
Best CPA Exam Courses:
1. Becker CPA
Becker CPA Review was founded in 1957 and was one of the first CPA review courses. In Becker, you are not only prepping for an examination — you are preparing for the future. All of Big Four accounting firms use Becker also it’s a reputation to be the pioneer at the CPA Exam prep globe. However, discounts and deals are often provided on their site and the business provides financing options too.
Courses are all self-paced. Students may see either listed live or video online lectures; no more audio-only assignments are readily available. Additionally, there are 400-plus SkillMaster movies that walk students during training issue solutions. If you are stuck on a issue, real-person service can be found through internet tutoring, in person, and via its chat. Moreover, the smartphone program (4.6 celebrities on Google Play along with 4.7 celebrities on iTunes) and movie sport, Becker Accounting for Empires, make learning enjoyable and more accessible anyplace.
Becker CPA Review delivers a 14-day free trial with unlimited use of class materials. The business supplies a money-back warranty. Getting ready for the CPA Assessment might not be easy or quick, but with the support of Becker, then you will have the resources, tools and assistance you want to pass — like the neighborhood of over 1 million professionals that have ready with.
Review: AIS CPA
The Becker CPA Review Program offers a reliable, no-nonsense approach to preparing for the CPA exam. It’s one of the oldest CPA review courses available and is highly regarded for the quality of its study material.
Additionally, one feature that makes the Becker CPA prep course stand out from the competition is that the Big 4 accounting firms endorse it. Hence, this means that there are always a large number of candidates using the course to prepare for the CPA exam, since the largest and most prestigious firms use Becker.
In order to make sure that the greatest possible number of students can enroll in their course, Becker has made changes to justify the cost of their courses and ensure it’s easier to pay for them.
2. Surgent CPA
Only Surgent CPA Review fully customizes your study program and includes flexible payment plan options, access that doesn’t expire, and a pass guarantee with every course. Studying with Surgent means less stress for you—and faster path to passing the CPA Exam.
Surgent will help you pass faster than any other CPA Review course on the market:
- A.S.A.P. Technology™: AI-powered software generates a fully customized study plan to bridge your knowledge gaps, getting you exam-ready up to 4x faster than other review courses could.
- ReadySCORE™: ReadySCORE takes the guesswork out of exam readiness by predicting what you’d score on the CPA Exam with incredible accuracy. Throughout your studies, you’ll know just how close you are to passing, and when you’re truly ready. You won’t find another course with this technology!
- Detailed Performance Reports: Take data very seriously, and they know you do, too. With Surgent, you’ll have comprehensive reporting at your fingertips, detailing your proficiency in each topic and question type, study progress, how long we estimate it will take you to get exam-ready, and much, much more.
- Real-Time Algorithms: Real-time algorithms assess the progress you make with each passing study session and adjust future study plans to ensure you’re staying on the quickest route to 75!
- MyMCQ: MyMCQ pushes you towards proficiency 17% faster by automatically and continually adjusting the difficulty of the MCQs you see based on your current level of mastery. Rather than wasting time on questions that are too easy to help you learn, MyMCQ will challenge to you to learn more in much less time.
- Superior Study Material: Their intelligent software determines what content you need for each study session, and serves it in short, digestible chunks. They select from 7,700+ MCQs, 400+ task-based simulations, and 350+ bite-sized videos, to serve the right types of questions, at the right difficulty level to speed you to that passing score.
- Expert Instructors: Led by the adaptive learning pioneer Liz Kolar, their faculty is comprised of some of the best minds in the business who have mastered the art of making the most complex topics easy to understand.
- Unlimited Course Access: Unlike other courses that expire after 18 months, the’re with you until you pass—no strings attached. Plus, we’ll continue to automatically update your online course materials at no charge, so you’ll always be studying content that’s up-to-date and fully aligned to the AICPA exam blueprint.
3. Ninja CPA
Whether you’re looking to use NINJA CPA Review as a supplement to your other course (pssst, NINJA is really a complete course), or as many do, your only course, we walk you through each step of the way.
- Save Time: Learn tips to speed up the study process.
- Study Framework: Step by step guide to walk you through how and what to study.
- Detailed Schedule: The Weekly Progress Tracker to show you what to study each week leading up to the exam.
- Complete Course: You get everything you need to pass the CPA Exam. Thousands of passing scores prove it.