When any internal organs or vessels are injured or inflamed because of surgery, traumatic injury, or radiation therapy, it develops a weird connection with other internal structures. It is medically termed as fistula. It is caused by various medical conditions, infections, and diseases.
Fistula commonly occurs around the anus in many patients. Some patients may develop fistula between the two loops of intestines. The common symptoms of fistula include waste leaking constantly from the anus, discharge from the anus, rectal pain, seeping via the walls of your abdomen, swelling, and urinary tract infections.
Medical attention is needed for the treatment of severe fistula.
However, no consultation with the surgeon is needed if the fistula is mild as there are home remedies that can ease the conditions in conjunction with lifestyle changes and Yoga. Below are some home remedies, yoga poses, and lifestyle changes that can cure fistula without surgery.
1. Ginger Tea
Ginger Tea is a rich source of antioxidants, and it is used as the traditional remedy for the soothing of the digestive system. It helps in alleviating nausea, chronic pain, and constipation.
The properties in ginger enhance immunity and mood while helping your internal network to heal faster naturally if you have a fistula. You are requested to consume ginger tea a few times a day to see the magic without surgery.
Cloves are common spices in every kitchen. It is enriched with antiviral and antibacterial properties and helps enhance immunity while playing a crucial role in cleansing the colon naturally. Cloves are medically approved to prevent the development of parasite infections in the body.
Patients are asked to take clove powder with plain water or boil a few cloves in water and consume it along with ginger tea. It will help in easing the symptoms associated with fistula.
3. Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree oil is another age-old remedy for a variety of conditions. It is enriched with antiseptic, antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory agents, making it an effective cure for fistula. The natural healing ability of oil is recognized in the medical field, and it is used in many wellness products and supplements.
Tea Tree Oil is available as natural ointment or oil. The oil effectively attacks the germs and kills them permanently while promoting white blood cells’ growth in the body. You need to apply the tree tea oil to affected areas using a cotton swab.
Leave the oil for minutes until it dries and then wash it with cold water. It will help you to alleviate the symptoms and pain linked with anal fistula.
4. Oregano Leaves Oil
Patients can reap benefits from the healing and soothing properties of oregano leaves and treat the fistula without any surgery.
Patients must consume oregano leaves oil twice daily along with warm water to boost immunity and kill the bacteria and infections around the anus.
It helps in reducing the inflammation caused by the fistula around the anus and prevents it from bleeding. It is also useful in alleviating the symptoms that are associated with anal fistula.
5. Turmeric Milk
Turmeric is another popular anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antibacterial ingredient commonly found in all modern kitchens. Turmeric milk helps in enhancing immunity and eases the symptoms associated with fistula.
It augments the healing of the fistula naturally. Prepare a mix of turmeric powder and milk, add a few drops of honey and consume it daily to see the magic happening in your fistula.
6. The Lifestyle Changes For Treatment Of Fistula
- Patients are required to consume a balanced diet and avoid junk foods. The patient’s diet must include high fibre foods, whole grains, leafy vegetables, lean meat, and fruits.
- Drinking water is suggested, and patients must drink at least 9-10 glasses of water daily.
- If your job demands long hours of sitting, use cushions or pillows to reduce the pressure on the fistula. It is essential when sitting on hard surfaces for long hours.
- Maintaining good washroom hygiene is essential to reduce fistula issues. Patients are required to wash appropriately after every bowel.
- Start using Omega-3s and Omega-6s and vitamin C to strengthen immunity and reduce inflammation close to the fistula area.
- Gentle and mild exercises are good for digestion, optimal blood circulation, and stress. You must consult your doctor and learn about the best exercises to perform as per your condition.
7. Yoga Poses To Treat Anal Fistula
- Uttanasana – Stress is the primary reason for fistula, and with Uttanasana, one can alleviate the pressure on the brain and heart and reduce stress.
- Sarvangasana – It is the yoga pose to stretch the abdomen muscles and hamstrings to prevent constipation, and it is beneficial in the anal fistula.
- Chakrasana – It is a yoga pose that is good for anal and vaginal fistula. It helps in treating fistula faster than medicines
- Adho Mukha Svanasana – It is the pose that strengthens the core muscles and maintains healthy digestion.
- Kakasana – It helps in curing fistula efficiently
- Sirsasana – It is the pose of yoga that boosts the circulation of blood in the head and muscles to cure the fistula faster
- Savasana – It is the yoga pose that helps in alleviating the stress and clearing the mind while treating fistula
All these remedies are natural and can help you soothe the symptoms of fistula. The early stages of fistula can be treated without medical intervention or surgery. Patients must follow these natural remedies and perform mild exercises and yoga to treat fistula without surgery.
But, moderate to severe fistulas need medical attention and surgery. Patients must follow these remedies carefully to prevent fistula from reoccurring.
If the home remedies show no healing for the fistula, consult the general physician to learn about the fistula’s right treatment before the condition worsens. The severe cases of fistula can be treated effectively with surgery.
But, you must try the natural remedies first to see if it works for your case. If you see no improvements in the condition, consult your doctor immediately to get the fistula’s right medical treatment.