As you prepare to take the CPA exam, it’s important that you do everything within your power to fully prepare for the content and nuances of the exam. A good review course can help you in this regard. The only question is, how do you pick the right one?
Why Take A CPA Exam Review Course?
Nobody likes studying. It’s something you never intend to return to after graduation. But if you’re going to stand any chance of passing the CPA exam, you’ll need to buckle down and take a CPA exam review course. Here’s why:
- The CPA Exam Is Difficult – Pass rates for the various sections of the CPA exam tend to hover at or below 50 percent. So this isn’t an exam that you’re just going to stumble into and have success with. You need to arm yourself with all of the right support and preparation. A review course does that for you.
- You’ll Save Money – While a CPA exam review course costs money up front, it’s almost certainly going to save you money in the long run. By helping you pass exams the first time, a review course prevents you from having to sit for sections multiple times (which costs you time and money).
- You’ll Study More Efficiently – Studying for the CPA exam requires hundreds of hours (if not thousands). A review course will provide new methods and outlines of studying that save you time and help you absorb information with a high degree of efficiency.
- You’ll Get The Latest Info – A good CPA exam review course is constantly updating its curriculum and approach to account for the latest trends and changes to the exam itself. This benefits you in a variety of ways.
- You’ll Get Practical Insights – A CPA exam review course does more than just provide you with answers to questions. It’s also going to help you understand things like test format, how to approach questions you don’t know the answer to, what to bring with you on test day, how to get your mindset right, etc. And all of these factors combine to give you the confidence you need to pass the exam.
We’re not going to sit here and tell you that you’ll love every minute of studying for the CPA exam, but a review course will at least ensure you’re able to leverage the knowledge you’ve accumulated to pass the exam and finally realize your career aspirations.
4 Factors To Look For In The Right CPA Exam Review Course
Once you’ve concluded that taking a CPA exam review course is the right move, it’s time to find the best fit for you and your goals. As you evaluate various providers, here are some factors to consider:
1. History And Results
Be leery of working with a brand new CPA exam review course that has no credibility or clout. It might be less expensive, but there’s probably a reason for its discounted price. Instead, work with a company that has an extensive track record.
Take the Wiley CPA Exam Review Course as an example. To date, they’ve helped more than half a million candidates earn their CPA. When you work with a company like this, you can rest assured that you’re getting access to a system that works.
2. Course Reputation
It’s one thing to read great things about a course on the course website, but what do others say? Ask around, read online reviews, and look at independent ratings from people outside of the company. This social proof will help you confirm that the course is worth taking.
The curriculum is very important. And while review courses are going to touch on the same content, how they deliver it can be very different. Pick a course that’s flexible and diverse enough to fit your needs. Whether that’s written lessons, video content, interactive resources, or even group study sessions, diversity of delivery is key.
4. Access To Instructors
Finally, even though the CPA exam review course takes place online, it’s helpful if you have some access to your instructors through email, video, or chat. This personal touch can help you get quick answers to your most pressing questions.
Give Yourself A Strong Foundation To Stand On
Taking a CPA exam review course doesn’t mean you’ll pass the exam by default. It does, however, dramatically increase your odds. Choose the right course, and you’ll feel more confident and prepared than you ever thought possible.