The Eyot of Maldives is such an eye-soothing destination, comprising over 1200 mini-islands. Nestled in the Indian Ocean, it has always appealed to tourists from everywhere. Its tropical weather has made it friendly throughout the year.
Be it for solo or group travel, honeymoon, holidaying, relaxing, or celebrating Christmas and New Year, Maldives is undoubtedly an ideal choice. There is always a cool breeze around you. It is less thronged and has a generally luminous climate. Besides, its transparent waters and pristine beaches are fascinating.
You can cherish several adrenaline-pumping adventures and activities. You can even be laidback amidst the natural beauty.
Things to Know Before Planning a Trip to the Maldives
However, a trip to the Maldives is basically a long-distance one. Hence, you should do your homework well in advance. This will save you from unwanted circumstances. If you follow certain guidelines, you can make the most out of your short vacation to the earthly paradise of Maldives.
1. Book in Advance
When you are selecting Maldives Package remember to book your ticket and accommodation beforehand. Look at these benefits:
- You can procure the best deals, discounts, and offers on your package.
- You can get the appropriate flight, hotels, rentals, and more.
- You can revise or cancel your plan when there is still time.
- You can list down places to visit, things to do, restaurants, sightseeing, and such stuff.
- Early booking triggers your happy hormones.
- You will be well-equipped throughout your holiday.
- You will be at peace and be confident about your tour.
- There will be minimum setbacks and backlogs.
2. Plan Your Activities
Keep in mind the following points:
- It is better to avoid the seaplane and choose boat rides and transfers.
- You can visit the Maldives any time during the year.
- You can bring your family with you.
- You can get a 30-day no-cost visa on arrival that can last up to 90 days.
- Pick a resort that has no separate charge for drinks and meals.
- Some resorts don’t include boat rides or flight costs.
- You require an RT-PCR test 96 hours before departure.
- Don’t hurt the Islamic sentiments of the country by bringing religious books, pork, alcohol, and idols for worship.
3. When it comes to packing less is more
There are some hacks for keeping your luggage light:
- Pack the basics, like aloe vera gel and sunscreen, along with swimsuits, kaftans, hats, cover-ups, beach bags, and sandals.
- Reuse your dresses in different combinations.
- Carry plastic or mesh bags for soiled clothes and accessories.
- Jot down what items you actually require, and what you will often use. Then, tick off the non-essentials.
- Pack according to the weather of the season you’re visiting.
- Pick a colour theme to suit every combination.
- Take some of both plain and patterned clothes.
- Play with your accessories for a different look on the same outfit.
4. Plan According to the Weather
Here are some time-tested tips to avoid rushed, soggy and unhappy travels:
- Utilise your phone’s weather app, and also talk to your tour operator to track your destination.
- You can check out online weather forecasts and patterns over a certain time period.
- You can formulate your trip by reading about the best times to visit a place.
- You can build a rapport with the locals and use social media.
- Keep a set of warm clothes.
- You can also find a compact umbrella handy.
- Even if you are travelling, equip your home with proper amenities in case of unforeseen weather changes.
5. Buy Sim Cards at the Airport
You can purchase sim cards from small shops at the airport. Operated by indigenous sim carriers they offer the tourists and travellers competitive plans throughout their stay in the Maldives. While making your purchase you require to show important documents, like,
- Original passport and xerox,
- Original visa and xerox,
- E-visa photocopy, if any,
- 2 passport photos,
- Proof of address of your stay,
- Proof of where you will be accommodating.
However, they are costly. You can, therefore, buy them online, or from a local store, and receive the delivery at the airport. Always choose an authentic local sim operator or vendor.
Thus, when you pre-plan your Maldives tour package you can keep the program stress-free. You can also figure out the shortest route to optimal satisfaction. Besides, you can avert a lot of misconceptions and unnecessary hazards.
You can also procure myriad options at low cost and economic deals. You can receive additional deals like spa massages, cruises, night tours, and many more. However, be explicit about your budget and demands, before you select a package. You should read through the terms and conditions carefully.
For those picture-perfect moments in the 9th smallest nation of the world, book your holiday package today!