Are you curious to discover whether you’re a pure soul or a bit more adventurous? Take the Rice Purity Test with just a few clicks to determine your purity score and gain insight into your place on the “purity spectrum.”
What is the Rice Purity Test?
The Rice Purity Test is a questionnaire comprising one hundred questions designed to evaluate an individual’s level of innocence when it comes to various worldly indulgences. The scoring system ranges from 0 (least pure) to 100 (most pure). The questions cover a wide range of topics, including relationships, behaviors, and activities considered less virtuous. Respondents answer each question with a simple “Yes” or “No.”
Originating at Rice University in Houston, Texas, in 1924, this test was created to gauge students’ maturity levels and encourage bonding among them. Over the years, the Rice Purity Test has undergone refinements, evolving into its present-day form. It has also found a new life online and is a popular way for friends to have some lighthearted fun.
Read More - Which Zodiac Signs Cheat In A Relationship
What does my Rice Purity Test Score signify?
The score you receive falls between 0 and 100, with higher scores indicating a higher level of “purity.”
- 100 to 98: You are exceptionally pure, a rare distinction.
- 97 to 94: You are quite pure, likely having engaged in minimal intimate contact.
- 93 to 77: You have an average level of purity, and you may have experienced love.
- 76 to 45: Your purity has been compromised, with involvement in various less-than-virtuous experiences, potentially including drug use or legal issues.
- 44 to 9: Your purity is significantly compromised, suggesting involvement in more extreme experiences such as drug use, legal trouble, or public intimacy.
- 8 to 0: You have a very low level of purity, indicating participation in a wide range of unconventional or wild activities, possibly including paying for or engaging in paid intimacy.
Inception of Innocence Quizzes
The origin of innocence quizzes, as we know them today, is attributed to RU students who crafted the Rice Purity Test in 1924, nearly a century ago. Their primary objective was to assess the wildness of campus life among their peers.
Surprisingly, this questionnaire gained swift popularity, finding its way into numerous publications like magazines and school newspapers. Given the absence of the Internet at the time, obtaining these questions proved challenging. Nevertheless, the test endured the test of time and experienced a resurgence in 2020.
Some argue that the concept of purity tests had earlier beginnings, suggesting that MIT students in the 1980s may have developed a similar questionnaire akin to the MIT Test. However, the true origins of these quizzes remain shrouded in mystery.
The Viral Revival of the Rice Purity Test
In recent times, the Rice Purity Test has once again gained viral status, with Twitter users prominently contributing to its resurgence. Social media platforms have seen an increase in individuals sharing their purity scores, as reported by The Tab.
Notably, the quiz made its online debut in the 2000s when someone first posted the questions on a website. Initially, Spark, a matchmaking website, hosted this unique quiz, and it has continued to circulate ever since.
Modernization and Variations
In more recent years, websites like QuizExpo and RicePurity have updated the classic test, infusing it with a 2020s flair while retaining the original questions. This modernization played a significant role in reigniting interest in the concept.
Deciphering Rice Purity Scores
Different websites may employ their methods for calculating Rice Purity scores. Still, the general scale remains consistent, ranging from 0 to 100. A score of 100 signifies the utmost innocence, while 0 suggests a lack thereof.
- Real Purity: Scores exceeding 50 indicate a high level of moral purity. Those who score over 80 are considered exceptionally morally upright individuals.
- A Touch of Naughtiness: Scores in the range of 30 to 50 suggest a mild inclination towards moral ambiguity. You might not be ruthless, but you’re not entirely immune to immorality either.
- Embracing Your Inner Devil: Scoring below 20 humorously implies that you’ve engaged in some rather wicked deeds. This level of scoring is more common among adults with active social lives, but teenagers might want to dial it down a notch.