Cisco Certified Network Associate exam, CCNA, is like no other networking certification examination. It’s quite popular, tough, and challenging. Yet, it has full potential and scope for candidates to upgrade their professional careers in the networking sector.
CCNA certified professionals are the crème de la crème layer of the networking workforce. The demand is literally everywhere for such people. However, the exam for CCNA is not to be taken lightly. If you are new to networking, you got to prepare for the CCNA exam dedicatedly.
To do so, let’s get you a brief on the ins and outs of this famous CCNA exam below.
The Essentials Of CCNA Exam To Know What It’s Like:
1. A brief note on CCNA exam questions:
The beginner-level CCNA exam lasts about 120 minutes. There are 100 to 120 questions in this subject paper. So, you get roughly one minute per question. There are a lot of questions to tackle, which makes the entire preparation tougher and challenging.
2. How to start the preparation for the CCNA exam?
You have to start taking tests at home first. These tests should be time-bound, or you won’t get the hang of the real CCNA exam. Take help of useful reference sites where you get CCNA test papers or dumps, including the questions and answers.
Also, develop a habit of answering trick questions of the CCNA exam. This way, you would know how to solve hard or smart questions before moving to the easier ones.
Plus, hard questions are time-consuming and require better preparation than other questions on the list. So, practice answering such questions because they might carry more marks.
Remember that the CCNA exam portal won’t let you change your answer once you click “Next.” Thus, prepare for this exam accordingly with precision, confidence, and the right knowledge.
3. Where do you take the CCNA test?
After the preparation, you can apply for the CCNA test online or at the local test center. Inquire about it online beforehand. There are guidelines you need to adhere to, both online and offline.
Read about these rules and regulations online. Practice your test papers at home by complying with those rules and regulations to get habitual.
4. Is the CCNA exam available in various languages?
Some test centers allow the Japanese language for CCNA exams. But the core language for the CCNA exams paper is English only. To know more, consult the local test center.
5. Is there a specific exam score you need to pass the CCNA certification exam?
There are no specific guidelines on the score sheet as per Cisco. That’s because the guidelines and the checking process can change whenever the committee or faculty deems fit. However, as a generally acceptable criterion, CCNA aspirants with an 800-850 score got the CCNA certificate without hassle.
This exam is of basically 1000 points. So, scoring 800-850 is like 80 to 85 percent marks. It clearly says that this exam requires your sheer dedication, perseverance, and commitment. So, learn to manage time and knowledge well while preparing for the CCNA entry-level exam.
6. What is the approximate cost of the CCNA certification exam?
The average cost is around $300, excluding the taxes. If you are already employed in a networking company or a Cisco branch, you might already have some Cisco Learning Credits.
Use them to pay less for the CCNA exam.
7. What is the salary bar of most of the CCNA certified candidates in different professions?
A Networking Specialist would be earning around $64,000. Whereas, Network Administrators and Network Engineers have the salary bar of $69,000 to $87,000.
Simultaneously, a Senior Network Engineer would be getting around $1,15,000 after receiving the CCNA certification as they clear the CCNA exam excellently.
8. What are the essential topics covered in the CCNA exam?
This entry-level exam of CCNA certified course in Japanese and English have multiple topics like:
- IP Connectivity: It holds 25% weightage.
- Security Fundamentals: It has a 15% weightage in the exam.
- Network Fundamentals: It has approx. 20% weightage in the CCNA exam.
- IP Services: It has 10% weightage.
- Network Access: It holds about 20% weightage.
- Automation and Programmability: This topic covers about 10% weightage for clearing the CCNA exam.
9. Are there any prerequisites for taking this exam?
There is no hardcore requirement for this exam. But aspirants usually have:
- At least 1 year of experience in handling and solving Cisco-related problems.
- Basic knowledge of the CCNA topics covered above.