Qualified immigration lawyers in London can make a world of difference for your case. This is true whether you are applying for a new visa or looking to challenge a decision made by the Home Office.
Here we provide guidance on when to hire an immigration lawyer and why it can help you in the long run.
Hiring An Immigration Lawyer Before Submitting Your Application
The best time to hire an immigration lawyer is at the start of your visa application process. There are four benefits of hiring a lawyer at an early stage in your case.
- First, the lawyer can go over your documents and identify errors or omissions at an early stage. This will ensure that your application starts on the right footing and gives you the best chance of success.
- Your immigration lawyer can also provide you important guidance on selecting the best route for moving into the UK. In some cases, people looking to move into the UK have been misled by unqualified consultants and an expert lawyer can guide you on the right path.
- When you hire a lawyer at the initial stage, they are completely aware of the background for your case. They can help you challenge the decision in case your application is rejected.
- Many immigration advisors offer a no-win, no-pay policy. So they are fully vested in ensuring that you win your visa so that they can get paid.
Hiring An Immigration Lawyer For Appeals
Many visa applicants hire an immigration lawyer after a decision has already been made in their case. The immigration lawyer is hired to challenge the decision and request a review.
We will be honest here. The chance of getting your decision reversed is lower after your application has already been rejected.
If your application was missing a relevant document, the Home office is likely to return your application first and ask you to resubmit it with the required documents.
However, if you made a significant error in your application, missed a mandatory document that you were supposed to submit, or the Home Office suspects that you are trying to mislead them, your application will be rejected.
The Home Office will only make this decision when they are sure that they are making the right decision. So the chance of getting the decision reversed is slim.
However, the chance is not zero. We have seen thousands of rejected visa applications getting overturned after a successful challenge by the applicant. The Home Office can make mistakes.
Sometimes they miss a document that has been submitted by the applicant. At other times, they do not consider all the circumstances of the case and there are legal grounds for appeal.
If you believe that your application has been wrongfully rejected, get in touch with our expert lawyers for advice on how to appeal on your decision.
Benefits Of Hiring An Immigration Lawyer
Moving to a new country is a legal process. It is best to get qualified legal counsel on your side when you start your immigration process.
Some of the biggest benefits of hiring an immigration lawyer include the following.
- Your immigration lawyer will personally handle and verify all your documents to ensure there are no errors.
- Your UK immigration lawyer will also provide guidance on how to get all the necessary documents that you need.
- An immigration lawyer will be well versed in the UK immigration law and recent changes that can affect your case, so you can count on getting the best advice.
- If you are already in the UK and nearing the end of your current visa, the immigration lawyer can advice you on how to renew your visa or switch to a different category.
- Your UK immigration lawyer can also advise you on the best route to get Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK and apply for citizenship.
- If you are looking to move your dependents or spouse to the UK, an immigration lawyer can provide you comprehensive and legal ways to move into the country.
- An immigration lawyer can also advise you on how to gather your financial support documents and open a bank account when you get into the UK.
- If you are planning to go for studies in the UK, your immigration lawyer can also help you find approved and credible educational institutes.
- Lastly, the immigration lawyer can also assist you in finding an English Language Coaching Centre and how to prepare for the UK’s English Language Test.
If you are looking to move to the UK then we advise you to seek legal advice from the immigration team at Gulbenkian Andonian Solicitors in London. They will be able to provide you with the clarity you need surrounding your immigration situation.